Wednesday, December 29, 2021

thumbnail

Laparoscopic Appendix Surgery - A Patient’s Story

Introduction

Currently, I am 19 and a first-year college student in Nashik. Since I was a child, I have been an active and fun-loving girl, and I have always loved different kinds of sports, such as swimming, soccer, etc. However, it all came to a halt with sudden sharp pain on the right side of my abdomen. It happened when I was 17. I used to get this kind of pain before, but it usually went away after a while. I did not think much about it. This time the pain didn’t go away and it got worse when I coughed or walked. Along with the pain, I was simultaneously suffering from loss of appetite, nausea, and vomiting. 

My mom took me to our family doctor and he recommended a few tests. I was diagnosed with appendicitis. I was in complete shock and due to limited knowledge on this particular subject, I was terrified that I would never be able to play soccer again.

laparoscopic surgeon in Nashik

 

Fighting back

Our family doctor referred me to the best laparoscopic surgeon in Nashik. He recommended a few more tests and suggested I undergo laparoscopic surgery upon seeing the results. The results showed my appendix to be swollen, sore and infected and there was a severe risk of burst or rupture.  

I spoke to him about my fear of not participating in sports post-surgery. He was very empathetic, cleared all my doubts, and told me that the surgery would not cause any harm to my normal day-to-day activities. I underwent laparoscopic surgery and went home the same day of the operation. After 3-4 days, I was feeling normal like before. 

It has been two years since then. Last week, I got selected for our college football trials, and swimming is still one of my weekly activities. The laparoscopic surgery didn’t cause any harm to my everyday life and the only evidence that I have of the surgery on my body are the three tiny marks of incisions made during the procedure.

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments